Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

View Poll Results: Where Will You Be FIshing For Trout

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Irvine Lake

19 29.23%
  • Anaheim Lake

2 3.08%
  • Corona Lake

10 15.38%
  • Laguna Niguel Lake

9 13.85%
  • DVL, Parris, Pyramid

4 6.15%
  • The Sierras

21 32.31%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Where Will You Be Fishing For Trout?

I start every year at the irvine opener, then off to corona cause the 91 freeway sucks but I'll be doing irvine more this year. I want to pay a visit to lake Dixon, can't take my own boat as rentals only but man do I miss that little lake. I was smashing tail walkers like bass it was insane. I'll even roll up to hemet lake a time or two and most importantly I will be taking my daughter to defend her title at little lake for the smallest fish derby........ She's 4 and loving fishing so I know she will limit out fast there. She won a nice prize at a derby with a .04 lb trout. Liked silverwood last year too.

So many lakes I guess I'm a lakewhore, I just get around and cant commit to just one.

I suppose I'll spend most of my time at Big Bear Lake and Lake Isabella. Big Bear is ok when the traffic is low. Isabella is large enough that I've never seen "traffic" there...even during the derby...unless you choose to hang out in certain areas. But with a lake that large there is always somewhere else. I'll spend some of my time in a kayak, and some in a power boat at both lakes. I might go to silverwood if I want to have a nice day on the water and PRETEND I'm fishing. And one of these days I'll get around to fishing for stripers...and that won't be at either of those lakes...so not sure where for that.

I have never been to Hemet lake, but I've seen some pictures. I want to try that place out at some point.

I want to give Big Bear a try on the Kayak at some point. Probably a week or two after troutfest.

Also have to make a run out to Jess Ranch.

If its the opening for trout for the above, I prefer the Sierras, for there is nothing in So Cal that could compare to it. but where to fish the most.. id say BBL and lakes around it, since to me they are the next best places that reminds me of the SIERRAS!

be hitting the the loop before the season ends and then it's winter training at the SBCo lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
    ... The Lower O and PVR will do just fine - no pay lake will ever come close. EVER...
    X2.

eastern sierra trout give good fights compared to those overstuffed pay lake trout.

Don't look like any trout until November....Its Hot!

Poxy, much nicer holdovers at BBL than Hemet. Unless you really need to fish a smaller lake without jet skis and wakeboarders, IMO the BBL fish are worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourlamo View Post
    If you can't wait !! Go to jenks lake!! Best place right now for trout!! I have 20 trout in my freezer ;)
    Oops, the possession limit in So Cal is five. What the hey...

Quote Originally Posted by RTG View Post
    Oops, the possession limit in So Cal is five. What the hey...
    For most waters anyway (BBL tributaries are 10 in possession 5 per day), don't think Jenks is considered a tributary of BBL. But even with that he's got 2x's the limit, oops!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Poxy, much nicer holdovers at BBL than Hemet. Unless you really need to fish a smaller lake without jet skis and wakeboarders, IMO the BBL fish are worth it.
    I've got to get up there soon, Troutfest is this weekend at BBL, wish I could fish it...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast