Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What's the word at DVL

Default What's the word at DVL

Went fishing (3) out of the last (5) days at DVL and there are a few fish to be caught. I didn't go on turkey day but I went two days before and I went this morning.The stripers and LMB's can be caught early with the right presentations. Anything mimicking the small bait fish on top or sub-surface will do the trick for the stripers. The bigger baits will get you bigger bites. Once the sun come up the LMB head for deep structure including trees, weed lines, rocks, ledges ect.

I always read the posts here just to see if there is any valid info being presented. I admit the fishing is a challenge right now but there are some fish willing to cooperate if you present your offering correctly. The fish I have been able to catch is either heaviest cover towards the bank or in deep water 30-50 feet. I have been having my best luck in the deep water. Make sure you have a needle so you can needle the fish so they will have a better chance at suriving after you release them.

The Algae is starting to stack up in certain areas on the lake. I am certain they are pumping water into DVL which is causing most of the algae. The fishing is not wide open by any means. The fish are lethargic and you have to make your presentation spot on if you want to get bit. Lots, and lots of bait fish in the water right now. I've caught several LMB's with literally mouth fulls of 1"-2" shad in their craw. They are spitting them up before and during release.

The fish I've caught like the presentation really slow. With long pauses in-between. I caught 2 LMB's and one striper this morning. I fished from 0645-0900. Regardless of the slow bite, "A day of fishing is always better than a day of work".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVL 11-25-12.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	38100

Until next time,

Tight Lines......
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 11-25-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thnx for the info. Might head out tomorrow

Are you sure they are shad or silversides?