Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Curado 200e7 vs Chronarch 50mg

Default Curado 200e7 vs Chronarch 50mg

Was looking at getting my hands on one of these reels but don't know which one to get. What are your guys opinion on what I should get....

50mg by far !! both excelent reels.... but the 50 is smooth as butter..

I have to agree that the Chronarch 50 MG is a MUCH better reel however it really depends on what you want to use the reel for. If you need more line capacity the Curado will hold more line. If you can afford to, I say buy both to cover several different applications but if I were to buy just one it would be the Chronarch 50MG, its one fine reel.

Well this is a difficult question. Like Bassnman Mike said, it depends on what you are fishing for. These two reels are not in the same class. One has a much larger line capacity than the other.

Now, to help with your question...If you are asking between Chronarch 200e7 and the Curado 200e7, then here is my suggestion:
    Chronarch (my preferred weapon of choice) offers 2 more bearings than the g-series curados and 1 more bearing than the e-series. The chronarch is slightly heavier that the g-series curados. Its white (to me color is important-guess I am shallow that way). The drag star is dartanium and feels a little flimsier than on the curado. It is a little smoother than the curado. It is noisier than the curado. It is $20 to $40 more than the curado.

Curado feels pretty much the same as the Chronarch 200e7. Other than the differences mentioned above, which are slight, these are made in Malaysia; whereas, the Chronarchs are still made in Japan. Does this make any difference to me? yup. Oh, wait...I think that the e-series Curados were still made in Japan, but I am not certain.

Overall, if you are sticking with Shimano, which I prefer, then just go with what you feel is the right fit. I played with both reels at the local stores for hours before I chose. Lastly, again, are you sure the decision is between a 50 and a 200? That is like comparing the Toyota Camry to a Toyota Carolla. Not in the same class of vehicle.

Minus line capacity....which reel is built better....will last longer....smoother....better drag...etc

50mg or 200e7????

Is there a Chronarch 100mg??? if so how does that compare to the 50mg? Does is just have more line capacity?
    Last edited by a321eric; 11-30-2012 at 11:25 AM.

To my knowledge, there is no Chronarch 100mg. If you are willing to shell out another $200, you can get the Core 100mg. Now that reel is the smoothest reel I have ever played with. It also has a mechanism on the side plate from which the spool is secured thus allowing for less salt, sand and grime to get in between the spaces where the spool meet the chassis. Translation, simply amaznig reel.

If line capacity is not a big deal, then get the Chronarch. It feels slightly better than the Curados. Just don't see why you would spend the same for a 50 when you can get the 200. Also, the Chronarch 50 is only 6:1 retrieve whereas the 200e7 is...well, just that...7:1 retrieve.

Apples vs. oranges.

Both reels are good. But, it depends what you're going to use them for.