Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Thanksgiving late report

Default Thanksgiving late report

Left the house at four thirty inthe morning got in the water at seven fifteen. No lines no wind a perfect day.good supply of beef jerky and ice tea. Headed to the intinuator, ancored and put the mackarel out and waited and waited and waited.no bites. Went to the trees and got two runs but still no fish.came back by the intinuator and saw farmer andy from the trout trolling days. He put me on the fish and he left with his budy. Limited out by noon on nice size trout. I did not have much trout gear so i put on a drop shot sinker with a owner no 6 drop shot hook and blew up a night crawler sprayed with bite on garlic. Bam, nice looking beautiful colored trout four in a row. Next fish is the bigest bluegill i've ever caught. It was 1.50 the digital scale in the tackle shop. One more fish to go...........big nice hook jaw brown trout. Limited out and went to tackle for braging rights. The nice girl says there is no film in the camera.---------note to advertisers for dvl buy film.lololol got home drove 242 miles. Well worth it and great staff there. I do have pictures of the brown ,rainbow and bluegill at home on a friends camera and will have pontoon post it up. No turkey for me but a great cheesburger combo. By the way the algae is everywhere,you can not see six inches down. But i am still going back next week.
    Last edited by trollmiester; 11-27-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Hey Trolly,

I thought for sure that after the two runs you got you might have found us some catfish! Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting out to DVL with you next weekend to do some more searching.

You guys are a bunch a fun, fish catchin or not.

I heard about your hold over brownie from bob only to hear the next day it wasn't a hold over..

You should hear the H on he gets talking about you and hold overs!

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    Left the house at four thirty inthe morning got in the water at seven fifteen. No lines no wind a perfect day.good supply of beef jerky and ice tea. Headed to the intinuator, ancored and put the mackarel out and waited and waited and waited.no bites. Went to the trees and got two runs but still no fish.came back by the intinuator and saw farmer andy from the trout trolling days. He put me on the fish and he left with his budy. Limited out by noon on nice size trout. I did not have much trout gear so i put on a drop shot sinker with a owner no 6 drop shot hook and blew up a night crawler sprayed with bite on garlic. Bam, nice looking beautiful colored trout four in a row. Next fish is the bigest bluegill i've ever caught. It was 1.50 the digital scale in the tackle shop. One more fish to go...........big nice hook jaw brown trout. Limited out and went to tackle for braging rights. The nice girl says there is no film in the camera.---------note to advertisers for dvl buy film.lololol got home drove 242 miles. Well worth it and great staff there. I do have pictures of the brown ,rainbow and bluegill at home on a friends camera and will have pontoon post it up. No turkey for me but a great cheesburger combo. By the way the algae is everywhere,you can not see six inches down. But i am still going back next week.
    Wtg on pulling out a holdover brownie. Shoot me a p.m before you and pontoon head out for another cat-massacre, there some blue action across the pond away's.

Take care,
    Happy holidays.