Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Eagle Claw UL Spinning Rods

Default Eagle Claw UL Spinning Rods

Got the 2013 Cabelas fishing catalog and saw that Eagle Claw has updated the Featherlight UL spinning rod.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Eagle...h-All+Products

Any of you guys use this rod for trout and/or panfish?

I'm thinking of getting the 6'6" UL spinning rod, I wish a 7' UL spinning rod was available. I first wanted to get the new Daiwa Presso UL spinning rod, then I happen across this last night. Much cheaper and it's fiberglass instead of graphite.

I have several of the previous version of the Eagle Claw Featherlight rods. For me, they are good for fishing powerbait where you just cast it out and let the bait sit in the water. The rods are very flexible and fun when fighting fish. But, in my opinion, they flex too much for tossing lures and trout worms. Graphite is better for this. I fish 7.5' and 8' Daiwa Spinmatic graphite rods for tossing lures and plastic worms.

I have the 8 foot Daiwa Presso UL rod, I compared it to my cousin's spinmatic & I like his better. It has better action on it & I can cast farther even though I have the new Sahara on the presso.

I prefer graphite because of the sensitivity and backbone when throwing lures and making long casts. I'd go with the daiwa if not get the best of both worlds with the American spirit from turners, they have a killer 7 footer