Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Silverwood Lake tackle for stripers!

Default Silverwood Lake tackle for stripers!

Hi fellas,
    The GF and I are heading camping this weekend at Silverwood Lake, planning to rent a boat Saturday/Sunday morning to fish for some stripers for the first time.I'm planning to get some fresh anchovies and sardines and cut them up. Using light and medium rods 6.5' and 7' size rods w/ spinning reels. Rig it up Carolina style w/ a 3/8 egg sinker + size 2 circle hook? Is this gonna work?

For your veterans out there. What rig works best for you? What type and # line have been working for you? Same goes for size hooks and weight?

Appreciate the feedback guys, any tips would be awesome!

Stitch, you may also want to do some trolling....15# lead core with a floro or mono leader. Use FF to determine depth. 3"-5" flies, Z plugs, and chrome Krocs have been successful.

Have fun!!

Drop shot or fly line the sardine and anchovies was working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    Stitch, you may also want to do some trolling....15# lead core with a floro or mono leader. Use FF to determine depth. 3"-5" flies, Z plugs, and chrome Krocs have been successful.

Have fun!!
    i'm interested in what kind of flies you are referring too... never seen flies trolled.

sounds like you got the basics of it... i like anywhere from 20-50 feet of water... try casting out to estimate distance as it sinks...

Cool, think I got a good idea of a few methods were gonna try out this weekend. Will try to post back up some pics if we catch anything. Thanks again fellas!