Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: float tube inflater

Default float tube inflater

float tube hand pump got crushed and I'm headed up to convict lake. I think it should be ok, but is there any reason I shouldn't use a 12 volt pump for air mattress?

Most of those don't have enough pressure to get it really full of air (at least in my prowler). I use one to get mine about 90% and then the hand pump to get it nice and full of air.

Use the air mattress pump then finish with your own breath, that way you should never over inflate.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Use the air mattress pump then finish with your own breath, that way you should never over inflate.
    Not sure what tube he has, but mine doesn't have that option as it's a release valve that has to be inserted into an adapter first.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Not sure what tube he has, but mine doesn't have that option as it's a release valve that has to be inserted into an adapter first.
    Well how hi tech, lol. Yea I got ya oh well either way an air mattress inflator is better than a hand pump except the lack of power at the end.

Cool, at least it's a quick remedy.