Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for some input on Aluminum Injection Molds from Custom Pourers.

Default Looking for some input on Aluminum Injection Molds from Custom Pourers.

What 2 piece Aluminum injection molds would you like to see on the market? Which would you say are the most popular at this time? How many cavity injection molds are most comfortable or efficient for you? Any information or other information would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

-zZaNg

I would like to see a saltwater mold similar to burkley gulp fat sandworms. I mean other than curly tails i havent found any injection molds really geared toward surf species like perch or croaker or beans from any of the big mold makers. They have swimbaits but they are very generic. As far as most popular i would say senko style stick molds and bass swimbaits are the most popular. And creature baits like brush hawgs. As far as most efficient i like my 8-12 cavity molds. They are small enough to get full shots with very few bubbles or partials and are large enough so i dont have to do so many remelts of the plastisol. The 1-4 cavity molds take so long to make a good amount of baits. My 26 cavity trout worm mold makes damn near perfect baits every time too.

If you have any more questions id be happy to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zZaNg View Post
    What 2 piece Aluminum injection molds would you like to see on the market? Which would you say are the most popular at this time? How many cavity injection molds are most comfortable or efficient for you? Any information or other information would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

-zZaNg
    i pour quite a bit and always have the same problem finding molds. majority of my injection stuff i get from basstackle with exception of a few from bears.

full body craw jig trailer. bait total length in the 5"-5.5" range. body profile like a jackall sasuteki craw. if the claws have the wedge design it would be cool but im not discriminate. wish someone made something like it.

9" senko style stick mold thats not a small diameter. need something 1 1/4- 1 1/2" diameter. takes a lot of plastic but would be well worth it.

totally agree on the small cavity molds. anything over 4 i like. i have some baits in the 1 or 2 cavity size. its a waste of my time. if the baits weren't so good i would have given them away to someone!

if you need any help lemme know.
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 09-03-2013 at 12:55 PM.