Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lightweight Reel Advice

Default Lightweight Reel Advice

I have been recently catching perch on a medium/heavy setup (10' Clarus and Symetre 4000 with 20lb braid) and as fun as it is, even a 16" perch is no match for my current setup. I have a lightweight 7' Shimano Convergence just sitting in my garage (2 actually) and need to pair it up with a casting reel. I would like to use a low profile baitcasting reel that is lightweight and that I can spool with 2-4 lb line for some exciting perch (and at some point, freshwater) action.

I don't have any real brand loyalty, but as you can see, I like Shimano. But any reel will do... anyone have any suggestions?

Daiwa Pixy

or

Shimano Curado 50e
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 12-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks for the tip... looking into the Shimano as the Daiwa is a bit too pricey for me at this time. Anyone else?

Don't bother trying to look for a Curado 50e. They cost almost as much as the Chronarch 50e. Go with the Chronarch instead.