Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Heavy Duty Long Underware For Tubing

Default Heavy Duty Long Underware For Tubing

What's up FNN,

I've always used standard long underware for my local Winter trouting on the float tube, but have always been cold on the not sunny days.

Can anyone reccomend some good heavy duty long underware that won't break the bank? Going to ask for some for Christmas. Any suggestions?

They break down long underwear into three categories. Lightweight, mid weight, and expedition weight. You want the expedition weight. Almost like sweat pants.

Ch

Fleece lined jeans is your friend.

BassPro has a house brand of thermos that are pretty sweet. I picked up the pant/shirt combo last year and it has worked really well. It also won't break the bank

Thanks for the replies!

Anyone using the wool blend thermals? Are they much warmer than the cotton? Worth the extra money?

Also looked into the military extended cold system. Anyone using these?

32 Degrees Heat by Weatherproof is the best I think. I have tested just wearing the top outside when its in the 40's, and it keeps your body heat in 1000x better than fruit of the looms. Theyre like underarmor so they are pretty comfortable as well (not itchy). I picked these up at Ross for 7 dollars. Macys has them for like 15 dollars right now.
    Last edited by casting call; 12-06-2013 at 12:42 AM.

RedHead ECWCS military fleece at Bass Pro work well.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ22 View Post
    RedHead ECWCS military fleece at Bass Pro work well.
    X2 and reasonably priced compared to under armor (way overpriced!) and others like ua.