Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: power pro vs suffix 832

Default power pro vs suffix 832

sorry if this question has been asked before but i am about to spool a daiwa Pluton sh my father-in-law got me for xmas. yea, he kicks ***. ill be putting either 30 or 40# on it and the majority of fishing will be throwing large swimbaits and fishing from my yak. i was gonna go straight to the powerpro but i have been recommended the 832 stuff, any advice from personal and past experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I'd just go with izor braid, same as pp but doesn't have the wax coating on it.

thanks for the input and suggestion, after doing some more research i have even more options to consider.

if you are gonna throw big swimbaits with braid use at least 65lb. the small diameter of braid any lighter that 65lb will make it easier to backlash with big baits. there is a good chance you will loose baits on 30 or 40lb

If your going to throw lmb Swimbaits id go with either 50lb+ braid or 25lb quality mono like izor or pline. If your talking salt water then I can only suggest what I use is 40lb izor with mono or floro leader. I prefer mono and use 20lb izor xxx or 30lb pline.

What kind of swimbaits are you planning on throwing? I generally only use 25lb mono to throw swimbaits, unless it's topwater. I use 65lb izorline for wakebaits.

Of the two braided lines in question, I prefer 832. It's smoother, rounder, and softer. I've had less issues with wind knots and it casts better.