Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: left hand baitcaster vs. right hand.

Default left hand baitcaster vs. right hand.

why do most people use right handed bait casters but use left handed spinning reels ?
    i see so many deals on here but they are usually all right handed and it makes me frustrated lmao .
    for me the left handed ones are so much more comfortable

I am the same way. And people cast with the reel in their right hand and then switch hands on the retrieve because they have a right handed reel.

I'm a natural righty but I fish both. I found out a few years ago that I can work finesse type techniques holding rod with my right hand instead of the left.
    The only thing that was hard to get used to was the handle and gear set being on the outside of my hand when casting.
    I got used to it after awhile but was weird at first having the weight facing out from my palm instead of being to the inside of palm.

I fish both but prefer to use a left handed reel because i can control the lure much better!!