Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make line easier to see at dusk/night?

I use a paper clip, and put a very smell bobber on there and fish with a closed bail. comes off quickly, and easy to see any movement

Use a bait runner spinning reel, you can adjust the line pressure not too tight and dont have to open the bail, if you get bit youll hear the spool running... Pretty simple good luck ;)

Hanging something on the line between the bottom 2 guides is a great technique but with how weary the fish are you are describing it would have to be quite light. a battery powered lighted bobber would be very easy to see but also might be too heavy. If you just wanted to make the line more visible there are many high vis lines out there. try spooling your reel with 50 or even 65lb high vis yellow braid, or relatively heavy mono(15-20lb) then top shot with your preferred leader line (ie: 6-10lb floro) I use al albright knot so the floro is inside the braid of the knot.(videos available on youtube) mono to mono id use a double uni or blood knot, but there are mixed opinions of what works best depending of the difference in line thickness of the lines being joined. anyway just make sure that at the distance you are casting the High vis is whats coming off the end of the rod with the knot somewhere in between and problem solved. it takes some pratice tying line to line knots so try the knot you want to use a few times to make sure you get it right before you use it to fight a fish. better to break or pull out your knot in the garage than will fighting a 20lb carp. i hope this helps i know its alittle extra time and money but sometimes alittle more of those too things are well worth the results.

-Twin22s

When carp fishing I keep the drag super loose so they can easily peel line off, it makes enough noise to alert you.

Placing the reel in free-spool mode will also help alert you. Ive caught a few carp that way as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12