Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Almanor 7/19-7/22 pic heavy

Default Lake Almanor 7/19-7/22 pic heavy

Hi all, posting a late report. Went up to Lake Almanor for our first time, was planning on renting a boat for our stay and troll deep but that changed quickly as we were doing great from shore, and the tuna are biting at home so i figured id save the boat rental $$$ and use it for fuel in the ocean. First day I got 2 decent size rainbows on mice tails. Next day I brought crawlers and the locals were slamming them all around us using crawlers and we werent getting anything lol. We were getting discouraged after a few hours but ended the night with 3 nice sized fish. Next couple days we figured the area out and were using nightcrawlers and crickets. There was about a 6 min period where it was like a hot bite like a tuna boil, we had triple hookups, then id net the fish, cut the line, put it on a stringer, setup a rod and hand it off to my wife and my father in law. They hooked up, id net the fish, hand them a fresh rod and i would put the fish on the stringer, it was crazy. Biggest was just about 4 lb. Also on saturday morning i saw in the kitchen with my coffee and look up and there was a buck right outside at the door, it was crazy.

that's some nice catching there ,I fished there a long time ago with a friend ,we trolled and got a lot of those full tailed holdover fish. you and youre crew did very good....................T/O...................

thanks T/O im gonna have to hit you up soon for your services on getting us on some striper

Now that's trout Fishing!!!
    Nice catch.....

Cm

Awesome report, and nice trout there buddy!!

matt, thanks for the trolling tips...im going to use them elsewhere...have everything ready to go lol

Great quality fish ... CONGRATS

No problem! Glad to see you had a good trip! The quality on those trout