Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of the Lebron James comparisions....

Quote Originally Posted by socalguy7 View Post
    here is a comparison,

chick hearn went to high school.....9 championships

kobe went to high school........3 championships

chick hearn owned!!!!!

you are comparing apples and oranges.....
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    SoCalGuy7

I think it's a little early in his career to call him great, but look at what he has done so far...!!!!

And he's still pretty young...

Where did you read that I posted a comparison?

To say that Lebron will never win anything is an ignorant statement to make this early in his career. Or can you predict the future?

If so who wins the Super Bowl next year?

So, would you say Dan Marino sucked?

Lebron is a good player that hasn't won anything, can you not admit that?

Why dont you read and then run your mouth all i said is the facts i never said hes not going to win a championship all i said is the true at age 24 kobe had 3 rings and lebron has none so really what has he done thats so great mvp kobes been there done that and holds way more records than lebron and you can even count and yeah marino sucks its all about joe montana.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    How can you use that as a basis of comparison to a discussion involving 2 individuals head to head; you can't use stats when those stats contain an entire team, to compare 2 individual people.

Unless, of course, you can safely say that during the 3 Laker championships, if Lebron was in Kobe's shoes, they wouldn't have won all 3. Then maybe that comparison would hold some water.

But if you do, you'd be trying to say that a team featuring Shaq and Lebron (and the rest of the '00, '01 and '02 Lakers) wouldn't have won those same titles.
    If you read my first comment im telling you that everyone makes excuses why lebron doesnt win championships including you,All dam year long everyone was on his balls talking about what a great player he was and what a talented team he had around him but as soon as they got moped up by the magic everyone changed there story and is crying about he had no help if his team didnt step up to the plate oh well too bad but why blame it all on them.Im not gonna play make belief that if kobe was here and lebron was there stick to the facts homie like i said kobe has three and lebron has none plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    Why dont you read and then run your mouth all i said is the facts i never said hes not going to win a championship all i said is the true at age 24 kobe had 3 rings and lebron has none so really what has he done thats so great mvp kobes been there done that and holds way more records than lebron and you can even count and yeah marino sucks its all about joe montana.

Read what you are writing!

Rings don't make a champion, like someone said, if that was the case Horry would be the all time great....

Ken Griffey Jr, one of the best outfielders ever....616 Homeruns....
    NO RING....great player or not?

What has Lebron done? I believe he beat your kobe in scoring this year, he must be a decent player....right?

Check the stats, head to head, Lebron has more wins and better numbers.....
    http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...edge_over.html

Marino did not suck check his numbers, are you ignorant?

I was only using Marino as an example, hence great numbers, no rings..

I don't like Marino....either

My second point, again....

So, what if, Kobe blows out his knee next year and never plays again, and Lebron goes on to win five rings.....

You or anyone else cannot compare the two until their careers are over, you can only give your opinion....right?

Go Niners!

Last edited by SoCalGuy7; 06-02-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Check out this yahoo sports column about the King!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    You or anyone else cannot compare the two until their careers are over, you can only give your opinion....right?
    So does "The Great King" Lebron James compare to Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Jerry West? I think not! The Kobe Bryant addition was only added by the the reporters to fire up what we thought was going to be the Finals Matchup.

Come on lebron beat kobe in scoring big deal thats because lebron shoots 50% of the cavs shots and kobe gets his team involved maybe if lebron would of score less and let his team shoot they would still be playing kobe doesnt care about scoring hes over it all he cares about is championships hes been the nba scoring champion a bunch of times,Now if you want to get into who scores more well........

KOBE BRYANT CAREER HIGH IN SCORING-81 POINTS vs RAPTORS

LEBRON JAMES CAREER HIGH IN SCORING-56 POINTS vs RAPTORS

hes been the nba scoring champion a bunch of times,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ders_by_season

Twice?

Is that considered "a bunch?"

KOBE BRYANT CAREER HIGH IN SCORING-81 POINTS vs RAPTORS

LEBRON JAMES CAREER HIGH IN SCORING-56 POINTS vs RAPTORS
    And now you're using single game scoring as a basis of comparison after the argument of "number of championships" went no where?

Dude, you're making a statement based on ONE game now.

At this point, just say, "I think Kobe is better than Lebron" and leave it at that. The more you try to convince us, the more your arguments go downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ders_by_season

Twice?

Is that considered "a bunch?"

And now you're using single game scoring as a basis of comparison after the argument of "number of championships" went no where?

Dude, you're making a statement based on ONE game now.

At this point, just say, "I think Kobe is better than Lebron" and leave it at that. The more you try to convince us, the more your arguments go downhill.

To tell you the truth i dont give a dam what you think i could care less if your convinced or not and kobe is better sucka.

... kobe is better sucka.
    See how easy that was?

And it didn't take you pulling out random stats to prove your point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast