Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEWS BREAK!!!! Brett Farve has.............

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    ...said the guy who evidently didn't watch any Bronco games during the 80s and 90s
    Actually I did see bronco games.

Super bowl XXIV 1990 San Francisco 49ers Denver Broncos 55-10
    Super bowl XXII 1988 Washington Redskins Denver Broncos 42-10
    Super bowl XXI 1987 New York Giants Denver Broncos 39-20.

& don't forget the classic Montana vs Elway.....where an over the hill Montana drives the field on Monday night football and hits J.J. Birden (pardon me if I'm wrong but it's was '95)for the last second touchdown. Elway on the sideline smiling in disbelief.

Last edited by Danny300; 01-28-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    Actually I did see bronco games.

Super bowl XXIV 1990 San Francisco 49ers Denver Broncos 55-10
    Super bowl XXII 1988 Washington Redskins Denver Broncos 42-10
    Super bowl XXI 1987 New York Giants Denver Broncos 39-20.

& don't forget the classic Montana vs Elway.....where an over the hill Montana drives the field on Monday night football and hits J.J. Birden (pardon me if I'm wrong but it's was '95)for the last second touchdown. Elway on the sideline smiling in disbelief.

for most of Montana's career, he had much more help on the field than Elway ever did... side-by-side Elway was bigger, faster, better arm and more accurate than Barry Manilow... I mean Joe Montana... not to say that montana wasn't any good... but remember how Steve young stepped into that system and domninated too? There are ten guys on the field who can make the quarterback look good or not.

Also, with regard to super bowl performances and their meaning... Trent Dillfer has a ring... Dan Marino does not. So, who's the better quarter back?

also, why so grouchy? ;)

People say Elway didn't have a running game or the people around him to win. I don't buy it. He choose to go to Denver. If he had not refused to play for the Cleveland Browns. He would of had the running game that he need to win year in and year out.

The Browns might not of had one guy that would dominate you. But, they fielded good running attack by committee. And, their defense produced turnovers. Only problem was. They couldn't beat Elway LOL. Because their QB sucked.

Trent Dilfer...I'll give you that. That Defense was sooooo good they didn't need an offense LOL.

Dan Marino.....In my opinion was the most OVER RATED QB of all time. Stats don't win games.

& why so grouchy??? bass are dead, and the only thing I can find is trout LOL Stocker trout is not fishing ;)
    Last edited by Danny300; 01-29-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    Dont hate him cause hes great,he showed more courage staying and playing in the saints game then i would have seen out of any qb in the league,the retire or not deal is between him and the head coach and owner,thats there job to figure it out and decide, and youre are a douche hated on the old man ,this season was one of his best and im even a vikings fan,,,,,,,,,,,

T/O, never knew you were a Vikings fan.
    I could of not said what you said any better

I'm in TroutOnly's corner as far as Bret Favre goes. His toughness in the Saints game, in the context of his "consecutive games" mark, speaks to his gritty nature. It was no fluke.

The retirement drama is entirely a media creation. If Favre wants to vacillate, he has earned the right to do so. The over-production, over-analysis, and over-hyping of both NFL and NCAA football is a disservice to the sport. Play the game, shut the h--l up about it. It's what happens between the sidelines and end zones that really matters. The rest is fluff and make-up.

Prehistorically yours,

FTRL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123